Monday, December 26, 2011

A Day at the Book Store


A day with Diggy is never an ordinary day and today was no different.  Diggy, myself, and the hubby took a spontaneous trip to the bookstore.  The weather has been awful in Atlanta this holiday season and Diggy was driving us crazy.  We did our usual routine of getting a kid friendly and mommy friendly snack before heading over to the children's area.  Since, it's the day after Christmas, Barnes & Nobles had tons and tons of toys on sale which is a parents nightmare right after Christmas.  Diggy's first stop is playing on the beloved train table (where all kids germs live and continue to thrive) then off to the new Legos table, where a really cool mom and son were playing.  OK, now here's the fun part....Diggy goes and gets an owl puppet and begins harassing the perfect stranger to play puppets with him.  She surprisingly grabbed and nearby puppet and joined in on the fun. This went on for 20 minutes or so...I felt sorry for her, but at the same token I'm thinking "Hey mom, play at your own risk." LOL. Needless to say, the only way I could save her and leave the store with out a tremendous "Mommy you are mean for not playing puppets with me" meltdown was to get him a puppet to go. Now this usually $10 trip to the bookstore cost me $40 ($10 for the snacks and $30 for the puppet).  At the end of the day, I guess the mommy stranger didn't suffer as much as my wallet did :-(.  Until next time....

2 comments: